Critic Reviews (1)
Community Reviews (1)
Even by the standards of Carmenere, which lacks the commercial sexiness of more popular varietals, this is an excellent value. As for the wine itself, which is probably still a bit too young at this point given that it teases without ever really opening up, it's deep and rich if lacking the truly distinctive savoury-green qualities that the better examples reveal. There's a lot of dark fruit, along with spicy, woodsy, herbal, and murky green notes, plus a touch of rubber, but it seems more like a monolith of flavour than a harmony of complexity.
- Santa Rita Medalla Real Carmenere Gran Reserva 2013, Colchagua Valley
- Concha Y Toro Winemaker's Lot 148 Carmenère 2007, Chile
- Emiliana Novas Carménère / Cabernet Sauvignon 2013, Colchagua Valley
- Viña Tarapacá Gran Reserva Carmenère 2013, Maipo Valley
- Miguel Torres Cordillera De Los Andes Special Reserva Carmenère 2009, Curicó Valley