Critic Reviews (2)
Community Reviews (4)
The 2011 Santa Rita Medalla Real Carmenere Gran Reserva, composed of 93% Carmenere and 7% Syrah that was sourced from Colchagua Vallue and aged in French Oak for 10 months, has seductive aromas of eucalyptus, stems, blackberry and black cherry on the nose and pomegranate and red currant on the palate. It is a medium bodied, extra-dry, fruity to integrated wine; with refreshing acidity, refined tannins (decant for 15 min) and a long finish. This is a food friendly and sipping wine; drink now till 2020++ (cork enclosure). My impression: NICE to BEAUTIFUL, 91 pts – recommended for both its quality and value. Tasted in Dec/14.
See my wine recommendations readily available at the LCBO here:
or here @
Visit my website www.grapeselections.com
This wine always impresses me for the price. Big structure and loads of flavours to savour. I really love the honesty of this wine year after year.
Visit my website www.winelightmedia.com
- Santa Rita Medalla Real Carmenere Gran Reserva 2013, Colchagua Valley
- Concha Y Toro Winemaker's Lot 148 Carmenère 2007, Chile
- Emiliana Novas Carménère / Cabernet Sauvignon 2013, Colchagua Valley
- Viña Tarapacá Gran Reserva Carmenère 2013, Maipo Valley
- Miguel Torres Cordillera De Los Andes Special Reserva Carmenère 2009, Curicó Valley