Critic Reviews (4)
Community Reviews (1)
This quite dense Gran Reserva lacks depth and complexity but is very flavourful nonetheless with an aromatic array of raspberry, plum, black pepper, tobacco, leather, and, more subtly, green pepper. Intriguingly, this array starts off smoky, then turns peppery, then minty, and then sweetness floods the palate, at least initially. Meaty notes develop with time, while the fruit dries up, and unfortunately it thins out through to the dry, chalky finish. It's fine overall, if not left for too long, when the soft, luscious fruit is still around.
- Santa Rita Medalla Real Carmenere Gran Reserva 2013, Colchagua Valley
- Concha Y Toro Winemaker's Lot 148 Carmenère 2007, Chile
- Emiliana Novas Carménère / Cabernet Sauvignon 2013, Colchagua Valley
- Viña Tarapacá Gran Reserva Carmenère 2013, Maipo Valley
- Miguel Torres Cordillera De Los Andes Special Reserva Carmenère 2009, Curicó Valley