Critic Reviews (1)
Community Reviews (2)
Medium-high intensity aromas with very focused notions of blackcurrant, blackberries, vanillan oak and tilled earth. Savoury on the medium-to-full bodied palate with eucalypt, blackberry and black cherry flavours. Mouth-watering acids and long, focused finish. Big wine with firm tannins that will reward with a couple of years in the cellar. Tasted Oct/2014.
Visit my website vintagewinepicks.blogspot.com
A nice mineral note is present to bring you into this wine. The flavour profile shows some tobacco and plum and finishes really nicely. This is a great example of what Chilean wines can be - not just cheap, sulphate laden reds.
Tasted blind at a Beefsteak & Burgundy Club event, May 2015.
- Concha Y Toro Terrunyo Peumo Vineyard Block 27 Carmenère 2012, Cachapoal Valley
- Concha Y Toro Winemaker's Lot 148 Carmenère 2007, Chile
- Emiliana Novas Carménère / Cabernet Sauvignon 2013, Colchagua Valley
- Viña Tarapacá Gran Reserva Carmenère 2013, Maipo Valley
- Miguel Torres Cordillera De Los Andes Special Reserva Carmenère 2009, Curicó Valley