Critic Reviews (4)
Community Reviews (1)
SLGA $26 - ugh. Deep ruby, violet trim. Decanting or aerating suggested for this young wine. Pepper spiced cherry, raspberry, coffee, cedar and tobacco on the nose. Palate is medium+ body, good acid, enough fruit extract on the medium finish, present but ripe tannin. Ripe, rich red fruits, mild peppery spice and grilled herbs play in the mouth. Overall a bit oak dominant but the varietal character does show through. I think will age nice over short term- next 3 yrs. Try now with spiced BBQ or braised red meats. Tasted Jan '14.
- Two Hands Angels' Share Shiraz 2014, South Australia
- Jim Barry The Lodge Hill Shiraz 2013, South Australia
- The Lane Vineyard Block 14 Basket Press Shiraz 2013, South Australia
- Dandelion Vineyards Menagerie Of The Barossa Grenache/Shiraz/Mataró 2014, South Australia
- Penfolds Bin 2 Shiraz Mataro 2014, South Australia