Critic Reviews (4)
Community Reviews (1)
There's no "wow" factor, but this GSM blend offers elegant appeal in its calibrated expression of that trinity of grapes, solid structure along with decent depth and excellent length, offering myriad cherry notes (stewed, dried, dark ripe, and kirsch) along with raspberry/blackberry, black pepper, and Provençal herbs (including wisps of lavender), nothing out of place, no one note dominating the rest, the fruit expressive but proportional to the rest. That said, it just doesn't have the depth or overall impact for a 90, and, whatever the balance, some "oomph" at least would have been nice.
- Barossa Valley Estate Grenache/Shiraz/Mourvèdre 2012, South Australia
- Yalumba The Strapper Gsm 2014, South Australia
- Château D'anglès La Clape Classique Syrah/Grenache/Mourvèdre 2012, Languedoc Roussillon (Midi)
- Gérard Bertrand Grand Terroir Les Aspres Syrah/Mourvèdre/Grenache 2013, Languedoc Roussillon (Midi)
- Torbreck Old Vines Grenache/Shiraz/Mourvèdre 2013, South Australia