Critic Reviews (2)
Community Reviews (1)
An excellent expression of Barossa Valley Shiraz - and has aged gracefully.
Still a powerful nose of black pepper, anise, mint - all over dark blackcurrants and damson plums. Vanilla is also evident, as well as muted earthy tones.
Bold flavours follow on the palate, but with a restraint (no doubt aided with aging) that proves quite elegant. The pepper is milder, fruits still supple but layered with almonds and spice.
At 14.5% the alcohol is present but does not overpower; finish is long.
Tasted February 2015.
Visit my website www.vinceteragroup.com/
- George Wyndham Founder's Reserve Shiraz 2010, South Australia
- Dandelion Vineyards Menagerie Of The Barossa Grenache/Shiraz/Mataró 2014, South Australia
- Magpie Estate The Sack Shiraz 2006, Australia
- Tscharke Marananga Gnadenfrei Shiraz 2011, South Australia
- Tyrrell's Rufus Stone Shiraz 2006, Australia