Critic Reviews (3)
Community Reviews (1)
A restrained, easy-drinking offering of Carmenere. A great blend of earthiness, stewed black fruit and spice. Savoury with mild dark chocolate and tannins and acids in check that lead to a smooth finish. I appreciated that there wasn't too much in the way of oak or espresso/coffee that can dominate, or ruin, Carmenere.
Tasted December 2013.
- Santa Rita Medalla Real Carmenere Gran Reserva 2013, Colchagua Valley
- Concha Y Toro Winemaker's Lot 148 Carmenère 2007, Chile
- Emiliana Novas Carménère / Cabernet Sauvignon 2013, Colchagua Valley
- Viña Tarapacá Gran Reserva Carmenère 2013, Maipo Valley
- Miguel Torres Cordillera De Los Andes Special Reserva Carmenère 2009, Curicó Valley