Critic Reviews (3)
Community Reviews (2)
Nicely balanced oak character, doesn't completely hide the fruit. Fairly complex bouquet of ripe pink grapefruit, lemon zest, yellow apple, pineapple, melon, buttered toast, vanilla, clove, roasted almond, and green grass. Similar on the palate, but with the yellow apple and tropical fruit more to the fore. Round, creamy, and medium-full bodied. Excellent acidity. My only complaint is that there is a touch of astringency (from the wood?). Try with herb-roasted chicken.
A fantastic take on the Sauvignon Blanc wine style created by Mondavi. Fermentation began in tank and finished in barrel, where it continued to age for four months, offering a smokey, weighty feel to the otherwise bright, tropical, herbaceous Sauv Blanc. Certainly there is still a kiwi, lychee, herbal component, but the oak aging brings a bit more seriousness to the wine. Try with roast pork loin in creamy mushroom sauce or lightly smoked trout.
Visit my website www.thewinesisters.com/blog
Similar Sauvignon Blanc
- Chateau Des Charmes Sauvignon Blanc 2015, Ontario
- Domaine Chatelain Les Vignes De Saint Laurent L'abbaye Pouilly Fumé 2015, Loire
- Craggy Range Te Muna Road Single Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc 2015, Martinborough
- Roger & Didier Raimbault Sancerre 2014, Loire
- Montes Outer Limits Sauvignon Blanc 2015, Aconcagua Valley