Carmen Gran Reserva Cabernet Sauvignon 2010, Los Quillayes Vineyard, Maipo Alto
This is a superb single vineyard cabernet sauvignon, elegant, fruity and well structured with an ability to age well....
Chile keeps cranking out great cabernet bargains - authentic, dense, riveting examples of the world's most dynamic...
A beefy red, cabernet typed without being too vegetal, also tannic, oaky and relatively balanced...
Critic Reviews (3)
Community Reviews (6)
Cassis, mint, and herbs on the nose. It has lots of fruit, is full-bodied, has ripe tannins, a solid structure, and a lingering aftertaste. Fantastic wine.
The 2010 Carmen Gran Reserva Cabernet Sauvignon , aged in French oak for 10 months, has intense aromas of prune, oak, light earthiness and vanilla. It is a full-bodied, extra-dry, fruity wine, with forward acidity, chalky mouthfeel, refined tannins and a long, smooth finish. Drink as a sipper; drink now to 2018+. My impression: NICE to BEAUTIFUL, 90 pts – recommended mainly for quality though the value is great. Tasted at Wines of Chile 2013 tasting in October/13 - http://grapeselections.com/wines-of-chile-2013/
See my wine recommendations readily available at the LCBO here:
or here @
Visit my website www.grapeselections.com
Similar Cabernet Sauvignon
- Santa Carolina Reserva De Familia Cabernet Sauvignon 2013, Maipo Valley
- Santa Carolina Cabernet Sauvignon Reserva 2014, Colchagua Valley
- Firestone Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon 2013, California
- Trivento Golden Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon 2012, Mendoza
- Errazuriz Aconcagua Alto Cabernet Sauvignon 2013, Aconcagua Valley