Critic Reviews (3)
Community Reviews (3)
Very, very different when compared to Flat Rock's regular riesling release. Lifted acidity with piercing lemon, citrus and mineral citrus notes. The first time I tasted it, I swore it was off-dry...not the case. A beautifully crafted wine and good value. The 2007 vintage of this wine is not to be missed.
This rielsing comes from vines planted at the top of the escarpment, just as you enter the winery premises. Always seems to be leaner, higher acidity wine compared to their regular riesling. A bit lower acidity in this warm vintage, it is nevertheless a fine effort, with clean precise citrus flavours, honey (from the bit of residual sugar) and now picking up a slightly oily texture as it ages (now at almost 3 years of age). Not a long keeper in this vintage, but should drink well now through 2013 or so.
- Reichsgraf Von Kesselstatt Nies'chen Riesling Kabinett 2006, Mosel
- Featherstone Black Sheep Riesling 2013, Ontario
- Bollig Lehnert Piesporter Goldtröpfchen Riesling Spätlese 2011, Mosel
- Vineland Estates Elevation St. Urban Vineyard Riesling 2012, Ontario
- Studert Prüm Graacher Himmelreich Riesling Kabinett 2012, Mosel