Critic Reviews (3)
Community Reviews (13)
Nice wine. I prefer a sweeter wine, which this one is. We always get good comments back when serving to company.
Always a favourite at my house. I try to keep a couple of bottles around for company. Great sharing wine for a night in or a dinner party. 2004 as stated was a very good year for Jester. it is a sweet smokey flavour which goes well with red meats or ethnic chicken dishes.
This is now an Essentials so it should almost always be available. Hence the (V) for the vintage instead of a year. The 2004 was excellent. 2005 was not as good as the 2004, but still good.
I bought a bottle of the 2006 to compare. (Un)fortunately, I drank the entire bottle at one sitting, so it must be excellent!!
Full bodied, sweet with intense fruit flavours. When I'm in the mood for a big Shiraz and a meal with bold flavour this is the wine I'll reach for.
My boss once gave me a bottle of this wine. Of course I appreciated the gesture (jester?)! This wine is typical of most Australian Shiraz - very big and jammy.
For my personal tastes I found it overly sweet. But if you like very big jammy Ozzy Shiraz then this one if for you! Try with rare beef or even with chococolate
- Two Hands Angels' Share Shiraz 2014, South Australia
- Jim Barry The Lodge Hill Shiraz 2013, South Australia
- Dandelion Vineyards Menagerie Of The Barossa Grenache/Shiraz/Mataró 2014, South Australia
- Penfolds Bin 2 Shiraz Mataro 2014, South Australia
- Rockcliffe Third Reef Shiraz 2013, Western Australia