Critic Reviews (2)
Community Reviews (2)
A simple, but enjoyable wine. Not what I would consider to be characteristic of carmenere as it is more fuit forward, tannic, and less viscosity than I would have expected. Overall a well put together wine for the price. May put away for a year or two.
Tasted May 2013.
A rare sojourn for me into new world wines...and a worthwhile detour it was. Generously fruited carmenere, with pleasant spice and (thankfully) no over-dose of green pepper/spinach sometimes associated with this grape. Finish is only average but a very good wine at the price. Certainly worth a try. Tasted May 2013.
- Santa Rita Medalla Real Carmenere Gran Reserva 2013, Colchagua Valley
- Concha Y Toro Winemaker's Lot 148 Carmenère 2007, Chile
- Emiliana Novas Carménère / Cabernet Sauvignon 2013, Colchagua Valley
- Viña Tarapacá Gran Reserva Carmenère 2013, Maipo Valley
- Miguel Torres Cordillera De Los Andes Special Reserva Carmenère 2009, Curicó Valley