Critic Reviews (2)
Community Reviews (1)
Ilya Senchuk's appassimento style blend offers flavours of cooked dark cherry fruit, prune, fig, iodine and oak (baking spice, vanilla, chocolate). Very good length with a bitter mid palate and pronounced alcohol heat (even when chilled to 65 degrees). It's medium-full bodied with substantial tannic grit still present. Decant for at least 2 hours and pair with steak. It's starting to be approachable, but really could use another couple of years in the cellar. July 2014.
- Kim Crawford Small Parcels Corner 50 Vineyard Merlot/Cabernet 2013, Marlborough
- Henry Of Pelham Speck Family Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot 2012, Ontario
- Henry Of Pelham Estate Cabernet/Merlot 2012, Ontario
- Forester Cabernet/Merlot 2013, Western Australia
- Cuddy By Tawse Cabernet Merlot 2013, Ontario