Critic Reviews (2)
Community Reviews (1)
Ilya Senchuk's appassimento style blend offers flavours of cooked dark cherry fruit, prune, fig, iodine and oak (baking spice, vanilla, chocolate). Very good length with a bitter mid palate and pronounced alcohol heat (even when chilled to 65 degrees). It's medium-full bodied with substantial tannic grit still present. Decant for at least 2 hours and pair with steak. It's starting to be approachable, but really could use another couple of years in the cellar. July 2014.
- Kim Crawford Small Parcels Corner 50 Vineyard Merlot/Cabernet 2013, Marlborough
- Osoyoos Larose Le Grand Vin 2005, British Columbia
- Henry Of Pelham Speck Family Reserve Cabernet/Merlot 2010, Ontario
- Henry Of Pelham Reserve Cabernet/Merlot 2006, Ontario
- Henry Of Pelham Estate Cabernet/Merlot 2012, Ontario