Community Reviews (1)
Complex nose of eucalyptus, dried herbs, dried cranberry, tomato leaf, nutmeg, cinnamon, raspberry, prune, charred wood and savoury notes.
High alcohol and grippy tannins, flavours of dried strawberry, cranberry, red plum jam, prune, white mushrooms and a herbaceous finish. More on the austere side - if that can be said for a wine approaching 15% ABV.
After five years it's likely reached its limit.
Tasted November 2016.
Visit my website www.vinceteragroup.com/
- Barossa Valley Estate Grenache/Shiraz/Mourvèdre 2012, South Australia
- Sister's Run Cow's Corner Grenache/Shiraz/Mataro 2014, South Australia
- Château D'anglès La Clape Classique Syrah/Grenache/Mourvèdre 2012, Languedoc Roussillon (Midi)
- Gerard Bertrand Grand Terroir Les Aspres Syrah/Mourvèdre/Grenache 2013, Languedoc Roussillon (Midi)
- Claymore You'll Never Walk Alone Grenache Shiraz Mataro 2013, South Australia