Critic Reviews (2)
Community Reviews (3)
Nose of black plum, smoke, hint of violets, horse saddle, black mushroom, smoke, bramble.
Lots of tannin on the palate, but soft and supple. Similar flavours as the nose, with a long finish. A lot going on here.
Ten years after harvest, this wine is still showing complexity, and I think could continue on. Great value, if you can hold.
Tasted December 2016.
Visit my website www.vinceteragroup.com/
2006 Ornellaia LE Volte, Toscana I.G.T., Italy: Le Volte is made from Sangiovese which is purchased from outside producers plus Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon grown on the property. A juicy, round, generous red with layers of plum and smoke.
- Rocca Delle Macìe Riserva Di Fizzano Single Vineyard Gran Selezione Chianti Classico 2012, Tuscany
- Vicchiomaggio Agostino Petri Riserva Chianti Classico 2012, Tuscany
- Lornano Chianti Classico 2013, Tuscany
- Terre Di Talamo Tempo Morellino De Scansano 2012, Tuscany
- Viticcio Chianti Classico 2012, Tuscany