Tscharke Barossa Gold Marananga Cabernet Sauvignon 2010, Barossa Valley, South Australia
South Australia, Australia
Very deep ruby colour with aromas of blackberry tart, freshly ground black pepper, cassis, plum, smoke and sandalwood. Dry and very fruity, but the cedary tannins come in to give it balance and structure. A thunderous wine at a terrific price, it will give plenty of enjoyment. Cellar it 2-3 years, or enjoy it tonight with rich meat-based pasta dishes. (VINTAGES panel, Nov. 2012)
Critic Reviews (4)
Community Reviews (1)
Dark purple in the glass with aromas of blackberry jam, cassis, smoke and vanilla.
These soft, fruity qualities continue on the palate. It has medium-low acidity with medium tannins and has medium to long length on the finish. There's nothing objectionable about this wine, but there's also nothing that stands out. it's just a soft, easy-drinking wine for cold winter nights. Tasted January 2013.
Similar Cabernet Sauvignon
- Santa Carolina Cabernet Sauvignon Reserva 2014, Colchagua Valley
- Santa Carolina Reserva De Familia Cabernet Sauvignon 2013, Maipo Valley
- Montes Alpha Cabernet Sauvignon 2007, Chile
- Errazuriz Aconcagua Alto Cabernet Sauvignon 2013, Aconcagua Valley
- K W V Cathedral Cellar Cabernet Sauvignon 2007, South Africa