Critic Reviews (5)
Community Reviews (5)
Luscious, fruity, delicious. This is a keeper. Bought on sale at LCBO for %
$5.00 off, going back to get some more.
Highly expressive aromas of ripe red fruits, cherry and blueberry. Medium-bodied with chalky tannins, flavour profile consists of blueberries and red currants. Well-balanced with good acidity and a medium-long finish. Delicious.
Tasted May/2013 with other Beaujolais BBQ wines listed here:
Visit my website vintagewinepicks.blogspot.com
Gamay, the main grape of Beaujolais, is one of our favourite wines to drink as it’s so versatile. This has flavours of ripe field berries, violet incense, crushed stone and black pepper spice with a lengthy cran-cherry finish. Medium bodied with a great seam of acidity, this pairs nicely with everything from prime rib to roast turkey or duck.
Visit my website www.thewinesisters.com/blog
Served this with a braised veal roast with a very flavorful gravy. Found it to be quite bland. Surprised as we enjoy Gamays, but this was a major disappointment. Had a somewhat bitter quality on it's own and did not pair well with the meat.
- Louis Jadot Beaujolais Villages Combes Aux Jacques 2014, Beaujolais
- Georges Duboeuf Domaine Mont Chavy Morgon 2013, Beaujolais
- Manoir Du Carra Les Bottières Juliénas 2012, Beaujolais
- Cave Des Vignerons De Bel Air Le Py Morgon 2012, Beaujolais
- Joseph Drouhin Beaujolais Villages Nouveau 2015, Beaujolais