Joseph Drouhin Beaujolais Villages Nouveau 2012, Burgundy
This is a very good Beaujolais Nouveau. It's aromatic with herbal tones to the cherry blossom, raspberry fruit...
Critic Reviews (1)
Community Reviews (2)
Satisfies the urge we get the third week in November. Aromatically its a potpurri of raspberry, cherry and grape gum, with that mild hint of cotton candy. Not as much of the banana milkshake as I expect from most BN, but still had mucho tutty fruity permeating the room. The palate is soft and juicy like and ranks high on the crushability scale. Other than white fish, there not too many foods that this wine wouldn't wash down. Drink within hours of purchase.
This is a drier more elegant style of Nouveau that is less 'candied' compared to others. Strawberries and raspberries predominate the nose. The palate is medium-bodied with a refreshing acidity and cranberry on the finish. Nice length.
Would have been a good value if the price wasn't so high.
Nov 15, 2012
- Louis Jadot Beaujolais Villages Combes Aux Jacques 2014, Beaujolais
- Georges Duboeuf Domaine Mont Chavy Morgon 2013, Beaujolais
- Manoir Du Carra Les Bottières Juliénas 2012, Beaujolais
- Domaine De Grand Garant Le Vivier Fleurie 2013, Beaujolais
- Cave Des Vignerons De Bel Air Le Py Morgon 2012, Beaujolais