Critic Reviews (1)
Community Reviews (1)
The 2010 Delaine by Jackson-Triggs is based on 40% Cabernet Franc with the other two grapes making up the remainder. I like the use of Cabernet Franc here as a lead as it highlights aromas of pine cone, zucchini blossom and pomegranate. The Merlot portion chimes in with a brambleberry/cherry mid palate while the Cabernet Sauvignon has its place showing cedar shaving and adding in tannins. While not overly structural, the wine will develop for a couple years and is showing well now.
- Kim Crawford Small Parcels Corner 50 Vineyard Merlot/Cabernet 2013, Marlborough
- Emiliana Novas Gran Reserva Carmenere/Cabernet Sauvignon 2014, Maipo Valley
- Château Des Charmes Old Vines Cabernet/Merlot 2012, Ontario
- Sprucewood Shores Lady In Red 2013, Ontario
- Cave Spring Cabernet Merlot 2013, Ontario