Critic Reviews (2)
Community Reviews (1)
This wine is a blend of all five Bordeaux grapes; 80% Cabernet Sauvignon, 15% Merlot and in a supporting role Malbec 2%, Cabernet Franc 2% and Petit Verdot 1%, with maturation taking place in French oak for 10 months. This wine is unfined, but filtered, listed as dry, and alcohol comes in at 13%.
This wine is a textbook Aussie Cabernet Sauvignon with aromas of black currants, blackberry, damp earth, mint, savoury spices, black pepper, espresso and toasty notes. On the mouthfeel, medium-full bodied, robust, firm textured but not overbearing, low acidity and fine drying tannins. Very good length on the finish, very masculine with layered dark fruit, savoury and earthy notes with a fine tannic grip lingering. Definitely more Bordeaux than Australia in style with a lot of life left here, best enjoyed in 2-3 years. Well made and very enjoyable.
Visit my website paulnjoywine.blogspot.com/
- Kim Crawford Small Parcels Corner 50 Vineyard Merlot/Cabernet 2013, Marlborough
- Emiliana Novas Gran Reserva Carmenere/Cabernet Sauvignon 2014, Maipo Valley
- Château Des Charmes Old Vines Cabernet/Merlot 2012, Ontario
- Sprucewood Shores Lady In Red 2013, Ontario
- Cave Spring Cabernet Merlot 2013, Ontario