Community Reviews (2)
Surprisingly dark still, just starting to fade to ruby at the rim. A little musty on the nose, but notes of leather, spice and dried fruit beneath. Quite severe, with tannins still apparent. Richly fruited, however. Rich mouth feel, and long spicy finish. Feel as if it hasn't really come together yet, even after 15 years!
Now 13 years of age, this left bank Bordeaux seems to be at its peak. Cool reserved black furit, with notes of cedar, tea, herbs, and touches on vanilla. Really refined, and complex. Tannin has softened nicely, but no rush to drink this. A quintessential left banker. Tasted Dec 2013.
- Kim Crawford Small Parcels Corner 50 Vineyard Merlot/Cabernet 2013, Marlborough
- Henry Of Pelham Speck Family Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot 2012, Ontario
- Henry Of Pelham Estate Cabernet/Merlot 2012, Ontario
- Forester Cabernet/Merlot 2013, Western Australia
- Cuddy By Tawse Cabernet Merlot 2013, Ontario