Critic Reviews (2)
Community Reviews (2)
JS covers the nuances. Still young, but delicious already.
Tawse is doing so many things so very well it's almost hard to fathom.
Biodiversity/organic/terroir-driven/gravitational systems etc...maker Paul Pender is certainly doing heavy lifting....but never mind all that.
His wines are amazing!
This is a 'buy a case and try 2 bottles every year from 2014-2019' wine.
A lovely pinot, now in its prime, very Burgundian in nature. I tried the "entry level" 2009 Grower's Blend a couple of years ago, and it was quite disappointing - it seemed quite thin and acidic, so the pedigree of this premium bottling really shines through. It's well out of my normal price range, but I'm glad I splurged for a couple of bottles when I visited the winery back in 2011.
Similar Pinot Noir
- Domaine Pavelot Aux Gravains Savigny Les Beaune 1er Cru 2013, Burgundy
- Dutton Estate Karmen Isabella Dutton Ranch Pinot Noir 2011, California
- Domaine Michel Juillot Mercurey Les Champs Martin 1er Cru 2012, Burgundy
- Greywacke Pinot Noir 2011, Marlborough
- Domaine D'ardhuy Aloxe Corton Les Chaillots 1er Cru 2012, Burgundy