Critic Reviews (2)
Community Reviews (1)
Italy meets California in this wine from Antica, produced through a business venture of the Antinori Family of Italy, in the Napa Valley. This wine is mostly Cabernet Sauvignon with 98.5% with Petit Verdot at 1.5% in a supporting role, maturation in French oak (55% to 65% new oak) and alcohol coming in at 14%.
Beautiful opaque ruby in color, this Cabernet opened up with a robust bouquet of blackberry, black cheery, ripe plum, cassis, tobacco, smoke cedar and exotic spices. On the mouthfeel, full bodied, layered with dark fruit, minerals and smoke with balance acidity and chewy tannins. The finish is long and intensely flavourful. A structured Cabernet Sauvignon that balances black fruit and French oak with real finesse and sophistication. A very enjoyable wine which I paired with a BBQ steak.
Visit my website paulnjoywine.blogspot.com/
Similar Cabernet Sauvignon
- Catena Alta Cabernet Sauvignon 2005, Mendoza
- Majella Coonawarra Cabernet Sauvignon 2012, South Australia
- Rodney Strong Knights Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 2013, California
- Barossa Valley Estate Ebenezer Cabernet Sauvignon 2010, South Australia
- John's Blend Individual Selection No. 35 Cabernet Sauvignon 2012, South Australia