Critic Reviews (2)
Community Reviews (4)
Dark, stewed cherries and cocoa on the nose.
Big and fat on the palate: Blueberry pie, cognac-flambéed cherries jubilee. A hint of smoke, like maybe the guy who sat on your chair before you was smoking a nice cigar. Warm alcohol spine. Well balanced. Long, sweet blackcurrant finish. Heady (14.5%!).
This is a big modern wine but it's not overly sweet with plenty of herbal, savoury notes to avoid tasting too cloying or commercial.
Visit my website torontowineguy.blogspot.com/
Strong and bitter with some acidity. Great for meat lovers. Discovered and tasted July 2013.
Plum and cherry cola nose from the cork. Alluring spice box and cherry aromas from the glass. Medium-bodied with savoury black cherry and dark red fruits on the palate. Very light tannins are backed by mouth-watering good acidity. Short finish is a touch hot. Could cellar for 2 years, but definitely enjoyable now. Tip: Serve this straight out of the cellar or even chill for 5-10 minutes prior to serving. Will pair well with the homemade pizza we're having tonight. Tasted Sept/2012.
Visit my website vintagewinepicks.blogspot.com
- Santa Rita Medalla Real Carmenere Gran Reserva 2013, Colchagua Valley
- Concha Y Toro Winemaker's Lot 148 Carmenère 2007, Chile
- Emiliana Novas Carménère / Cabernet Sauvignon 2013, Colchagua Valley
- Viña Tarapacá Gran Reserva Carmenère 2013, Maipo Valley
- Miguel Torres Cordillera De Los Andes Special Reserva Carmenère 2009, Curicó Valley