Casal Thaulero Merlot/Cabernet Sauvignon 2011, Terre Di Chieti, Abruzzo
Medium brick red colour; aromas and flavours of red cherry, spice and earth, with leather and tobacco tones; dry, medium bodied, well balance with a long satisfying finish.
Serve with rich meaty pastas or hard cheese.
Critic Reviews (2)
Community Reviews (9)
Dark chocolate, coffee, prunes, and spices on the nose. It has lots of ripe fruit with softening tannins and is medium-bodied. Excellent value.
Simple house wine.
Lack of fruits in bouquet and palate.
Would not drink on it's own, it's too sour.
Will NOT buy this wine again.
Visit my website www.winealign.com/user-list/moonwine/cellar-shared
for the price..... it is a fantastic wine - great smooth sipping wine for appetizers or with a beefy type meal.
best bang for your buck!
A great value wine that is soft with a lively acidity that makes it really food friendly. Earthy aromas are accompanied by plum, cassis, currant, coffee, tart black cherry, oak and even some violets peek out of the glass. Very dry with more currant and dark fruits. Soft tannins on the medium length finish but it's been hiding away for about 16 months. Enjoyed with meat pasta & tasted May 2014.
- Sandhill Cabernet Merlot Vanessa Vineyard 2012, British Columbia
- K W V Contemporary Collection Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot 2013, Western Cape
- Santa Carolina Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot 2011, Chile
- Hardys Stamp Series Cabernet/Merlot 2013, Australia
- Sandhill Cabernet Merlot Sandhill Estate Vineyard 2012, British Columbia