Critic Reviews (2)
Community Reviews (2)
I love aromatic, elegant cool climate Shiraz and this one opens up with aromas of plum, black currants, dates, black pepper, spices and floral notes. On the monthfeel, medium-full bodied (with alcohol coming in at 14.5%), lighter fruit and sweet flavours in mid palate, lively acidity and well integrated tannins. This Shiraz finish is long with juicy red and black fruit and vanilla oak flavours lingering. Excellent balance, intensely flavourful and unlikely to disappoint.
Visit my website paulnjoywine.blogspot.com/
This bottle could get me drinking more Aussie shiraz again. Deep purple in the glass, the nose is dominated by tons of blackfruit, dark chocolate, and pepper. Tannins are quite present, but polished, with a refreshing acidity that is often missing from Aussie shiraz (comes from a much cooler region than Barossa). Really nice, long finish. Super bottle of wine. Tasted June 2012.
- Two Hands Angels' Share Shiraz 2014, South Australia
- Jim Barry The Lodge Hill Shiraz 2013, South Australia
- Dandelion Vineyards Menagerie Of The Barossa Grenache/Shiraz/Mataró 2014, South Australia
- Penfolds Bin 2 Shiraz Mataro 2014, South Australia
- Rockcliffe Third Reef Shiraz 2013, Western Australia