Boschendal The Pavillion Shiraz Cabernet Sauvignon 2011, Western Cape
Bright ruby with purple highlights; cassis, cherry and oak spice; dry, medium to full bodied; ripe black fruit flavours, with a touch of spice, soft tannin in medium length finish
Serve with lamb kabobs or pepper steak
Community Reviews (3)
A smoky nose, with noticeable vanilla and stewed black fruit that precedes a combination of sweetness and spice (the two sensations compliment each other perfectly). In a word, this is delicious; and for the price, an incomparable bargain. A touch of heat on the finish reinforces the 14% alc but otherwise, very enjoyable.
Try it alongside barbequed ribs, burgers or even spice-rubbed chicken. Tasted May 2012.
Visit my website www.tylerphilp.com/
- Jacob's Creek Classic Shiraz Cabernet 2012, Australia
- Finca Flichman Expresiones Reserve Shiraz/Cabernet Sauvignon 2011, Mendoza
- Hardys Stamp Of Australia Shiraz Cabernet 2013, Australia
- Boschendal The Pavillion Shiraz Cabernet Sauvignon 2013, Stellenbosch
- Girls' Night Out Cabernet Shiraz 2012, Ontario