Boschendal The Pavillion Shiraz Cabernet Sauvignon 2011 - Expert wine ratings and wine reviews by WineAlign
Boschendal The Pavillion Shiraz Cabernet Sauvignon 2011, Western Cape
Bright ruby with purple highlights; cassis, cherry and oak spice; dry, medium to full bodied; ripe black fruit flavours, with a touch of spice, soft tannin in medium length finish
Serve with lamb kabobs or pepper steak
Community Reviews (3)
A smoky nose, with noticeable vanilla and stewed black fruit that precedes a combination of sweetness and spice (the two sensations compliment each other perfectly). In a word, this is delicious; and for the price, an incomparable bargain. A touch of heat on the finish reinforces the 14% alc but otherwise, very enjoyable.
Try it alongside barbequed ribs, burgers or even spice-rubbed chicken. Tasted May 2012.
Visit my website www.tylerphilp.com/
Berry fruit, vanilla, chocolate, and spice on the nose. Plenty of fruit with softening tannins, but tarry on the finish.
- Creekside Estate Cabernet Shiraz 2012, Ontario
- Boschendal The Pavillion Shiraz Cabernet Sauvignon 2014, Stellenbosch
- Bodegas Volcanes De Chile Summit Reserva Cabernet Syrah 2014, Rapel Valley
- Kangarilla Road Charlie's Blend Shiraz Cabernet 2011, Australia
- Mallee Rock Shiraz Cabernet Sauvignon 2014, South Australia