Antinori Badia A Passignano Chianti Classico Riserva 2007
Antinori's 2007 Badia a Passignano is a rich, ripe, concentrated and highly savoury example, umami-laden, with superb complexity. Brambly dark fruit mixes with red berries, resinous herbs, earth, wood (mostly old wood) and dried mushrooms, among other nuances. The palate is suave but taught and firm, like raw silk, with excellent length and depth. A superior Chianti to be sure. Score: 92 (John Szabo, MS, www.WineAlign.com, Jan 2013)
Critic Reviews (4)
Community Reviews (2)
I actually liked this quite a lot even though it's more fruit forward and modern in style than I expected. Quite dark in the glass. Nice nose of fruit and earthy herbs with some oak, anise and maybe a touch of smokiness. The palate is full bodied with great fruit concentration and complexity. Sweet/tart berries, earthy/spicy/leathery flavours and plenty of dry ripe tannins underpinning everything. Long, dry and spicy finish.
Drinking well now with a bit of decanting but will certainly cellar well for at least a few years.
Visit my website torontowineguy.blogspot.com/
Powerful and masculine with intense aromas of soy sauce, dried shitake mushroom, savoury herbs and black cherry. The palate is full and concentrated with firm tannin and balancing, taut acidity with exceptional length. Try with port and soy sauce marinaded flank steak & grilled mushrooms.
Visit my website www.thewinesisters.com/blog
- Il Molino Di Grace Il Margone Chianti Classico Gran Selezione 2011, Tuscany
- Castello Di Ama San Lorenzo Gran Selezione Chianti Classico 2011, Tuscany
- Il Molino Di Grace Riserva Chianti Classico 2009, Tuscany
- Il Molino Di Grace Il Margone Chianti Classico Gran Selezione 2010, Tuscany
- Rocca Di Castagnoli Poggio A'frati Riserva Chianti Classico 2011, Tuscany