Wayne Gretzky Estates No. 99 Cabernet Merlot 2008, Niagara Peninsula
The new vintage does a good job of building in some oak complexity around the slightly green, currant-like fruit. Attractive nutmeg and mocha-coffee notes. It’s light to mid-weight and quite smooth, with a sweet and sour character. Some drying tannin but flavourful; a touch sweet. Drinkable now. Very good length.
Critic Reviews (1)
Community Reviews (1)
I thought this wine would shut out my taste buds, but it put THAT opinion in the penalty box!
There's no game seven with this wine, It sweeps with flavor!
After drinking this, I had to crosscheck to make sure this was indeed Wayne Gretzky winery, it truly is a Great One!
My goal was to buy a great wine, and I appreciate the great assist from the wine rack staff. I plan on drinking this wine for at least the next twenty seasons of my life.
It's my MVP! (Most Valuable Provision!)
- Put it in the fridge not freezer to prevent icing
Anybody who doesn't like this wine is way offside! One sip of this wine and you'll never want to take an intermission from it again!
This wine will definitely make it to the cup.
- Paul Mas Estate Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot 2010, Languedoc Roussillon (Midi)
- Wayne Gretzky Estates No. 99 Cabernet Merlot 2008, Ontario
- Villa Maria Private Bin Merlot Cabernet Sauvignon 2011, Hawkes Bay
- Maculan Brentino Merlot/Cabernet Sauvignon 2009, Veneto
- La Montecchia Ca'emo Colli Euganei Rosso 2009, Veneto