Critic Reviews (3)
Community Reviews (2)
Was there something wrong with my bottle? There was not much flavour at all, and no length. Just a slightly off taste that I doubt would improve with aging. Maybe you will have better luck, but I have to rate it as I taste it.
My impression differs a bit from JS and DL. I found this to be a slightly leaner style of Vacqueyras, with less of the bold flavours I associate with the region. Yes, this is 3 years later, so perhaps that is a factor. Yet, my impression is that this wine seems to exhibit some of the cool climate characteristics of a Bordeaux: just ripe red fruit, hints of cedar, finishing with a bit of tartness, good but not great length. This is a good wine, no doubt, just not quite what I expected. Drink now. Tasted March 2015.
- Vignobles De Balma Vénitia Cuvée Saint Roch Vacqueyras 2011, Rhone
- Pierre Amadieu Romane Machotte Gigondas 2012, Rhone
- Domaine Beau Mistral Vieilles Vignes Rasteau Côtes Du Rhône Villages 2012, Rhone
- Les Halos De Jupiter Côtes Du Rhône 2012, Rhone
- Domaine Les Grands Bois Cuvée Maximilien Côtes Du Rhône Villages Cairanne 2012, Rhone