Critic Reviews (2)
Community Reviews (3)
Overrated and overpriced. This is not smooth, nor does it have much flavour. Nice wrapping on the bottle.
Although not quite at the same level as the 2007 this is a fine, structured Carmenere with the lovely nose that I love. Hopefully I'll have the patience to let this age a year or two. A definite step up from the glut of Carmenere at the $20 price point.
Dense and distinctly Carmenere without the excess char you get in lesser examples. It's aroma and flavour packed with great structure to stretch out the flavours and add nice complexity. the tannins are still a bit grippy (jan. 2014) and I would expect this to smooth out nicely with a bit more bottle age.
- Concha Y Toro Terrunyo Peumo Vineyard Block 27 Carmenère 2011, Cachapoal Valley
- Santa Rita Medalla Real Carmenere Gran Reserva 2011, Colchagua Valley
- Concha Y Toro Winemaker's Lot 148 Carmenère 2012, Rapel Valley
- Ventisquero Grey Single Block Carmenère 2011, Maipo Valley
- Viña Tarapacá Gran Reserva Carmenère 2012, Maipo Valley