Critic Reviews (2)
Community Reviews (3)
Dense and distinctly Carmenere without the excess char you get in lesser examples. It's aroma and flavour packed with great structure to stretch out the flavours and add nice complexity. the tannins are still a bit grippy (jan. 2014) and I would expect this to smooth out nicely with a bit more bottle age.
Although not quite at the same level as the 2007 this is a fine, structured Carmenere with the lovely nose that I love. Hopefully I'll have the patience to let this age a year or two. A definite step up from the glut of Carmenere at the $20 price point.
- Concha Y Toro Terrunyo Peumo Vineyard Block 27 Carmenère 2012, Cachapoal Valley
- Viña Tarapacá Gran Reserva Carmenère 2013, Maipo Valley
- Miguel Torres Cordillera De Los Andes Special Reserva Carmenère 2009, Curicó Valley
- Terranoble Gran Reserva Carmenère 2007, Chile
- Montes Alpha Carmenère 2013, Colchagua Valley