Concha Y Toro Terrunyo Block 27 Carmenère 2008 - Expert wine ratings and wine reviews by WineAlign
An exceptionally well-appointed example of carmenere, with wonderful balance, concentration, freshness and elegance...
This is a complete wine - rich yet elegant and nicely harmonized – if not quite as rich and concentrated as I...
Critic Reviews (2)
Community Reviews (3)
Overrated and overpriced. This is not smooth, nor does it have much flavour. Nice wrapping on the bottle.
Although not quite at the same level as the 2007 this is a fine, structured Carmenere with the lovely nose that I love. Hopefully I'll have the patience to let this age a year or two. A definite step up from the glut of Carmenere at the $20 price point.
Dense and distinctly Carmenere without the excess char you get in lesser examples. It's aroma and flavour packed with great structure to stretch out the flavours and add nice complexity. the tannins are still a bit grippy (jan. 2014) and I would expect this to smooth out nicely with a bit more bottle age.
- Sierra Batuco Reserva Carménère 2012, Maule Valley
- Santa Rita Medalla Real Carmenere Gran Reserva 2011, Colchagua Valley
- Concha Y Toro Winemaker's Lot 148 Carmenère 2012, Rapel Valley
- Terranoble Gran Reserva Carmenère 2011, Maule Valley
- Viña San Esteban In Situ Winemaker's Selection Carmenère 2012, Aconcagua Valley