Critic Reviews (4)
Community Reviews (1)
Bright old gold in colour with a medium+ intense nose.
Not for the faint at “heart”. Sorry couldn’t resist. Big, heavy, bold & utterly delicious.
Positives: This complex wine features medium+ toasted oak, vanilla, coconut, lemon meringue pie, roasted marshmallows, crème brulee, walnuts, butterscotch, pineapple, orange & tangerines. Full body with good acidity, a long length & the alcohol is well integrated.
Interesting Point: The wine is unfined & unfiltered.
Drink now or over the next 5 years on its own or pair it with turkey for Christmas.
Tasted: 21 Dec 2013
Score: 9.5/10, Value: 9/10 Total: 19.5/20
Out of 5 stars, I rated this wine: 4.5
Visit my website www.twilightwines.com
- Bachelder Saunders Vineyard Chardonnay 2013, Ontario
- Pearl Morissette Cuvée Dix Neuvieme Chardonnay 2013, Ontario
- Bachelder Saunders Vineyard Chardonnay 2012, Ontario
- Jean Dauvissat Vaillons Vieilles Vignes Chablis 1er Cru 2009, Burgundy
- Billaud Simon Montée De Tonnerre Chablis 1er Cru 2014, Burgundy