Critic Reviews (2)
Community Reviews (2)
I like the subtle taste of a Vacqueyras compared to other Rhone wines at the same price. This one delivers a very pleasant taste right from the start, though it did fade a little and become very slightly harsh after a few glasses. I can't quite give it a 90, and I have had better Vacqueyras wines for the same price.
The 2009 Perrin & Fils Les Christins Vacqueyras is a medium bodied, fruity wine, with pleasant aromas of strawberry, raspberry and red currant. It has a nice structure, with refined tannins (decant for 30 to 60 min) and a medium to long, yet hot finish. It is ready to drink now, but will still benefit from cellaring for the next 5 or so years. My impression: NICE, 89 pts - though pleasant, it is a bit costly. Tasted March/12.
If you would like to see wines I recommend and that are still available at the LCBO, please visit this link (listed in my profile):
Visit my website www.grapeselections.com
- Montirius Garrigues Vacqueyras 2011, Rhone
- Montirius Terre Des Aînés Gigondas 2007, Rhone
- Domaine Des Amouriers Signature Vacqueyras 2011, Rhone
- Domaine Beau Mistral Saint Martin Rasteau Côtes Du Rhône Villages 2010, Rhone
- Cave Les Coteaux Du Rhône Panicaut Plan De Dieu Côtes Du Rhône Villages 2012, Rhone