Critic Reviews (3)
Community Reviews (4)
Medium ruby in colour with an intense nose.
Positives: Lots of flavour on both the nose & taste showing cedar, cassis, plums, cloves, blueberries, blackberries, vanilla, leather, pencil shavings & turmeric. Full body, medium tannins, good acidity & long length.
Negatives: A touch hot from the high alcohol.
Interesting Points: A quality consistent wine that is easy to drink on its own or to pair it with food & it taste more like a $50 wine. LCBO usually has this on sale a couple of times throughout the year. I love the black label with the silver detailing.
Drink now or cellar it for another 5 years. Pair it with beef Wellington.
Tasted: 23 May 12
Score: 9.5/10, Value: 9+/10, Total: 19/20
Out of 5 stars, I rated this wine: 4.5+
Visit my website www.twilightwines.com
Very dense ruby colour and the density doesn't stop there. Ripe with black plum, currant, cocoa and coffee. Notes of cigarbox and baking spice add some depth. Full-bodied and plenty of soft tannin. Great length and a touch of heat.
Similar Cabernet Sauvignon
- Pascual Toso Barrancas Vineyards Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon 2013, Mendoza
- Wynns Coonawarra Estate Black Label Cabernet Sauvignon 2012, South Australia
- Forest Hill Estate Cabernet Sauvignon 2010, Western Australia
- Robert Mondavi Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 2012, California
- Firestone Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon 2012, California