Critic Reviews (3)
Community Reviews (4)
Medium ruby in colour with an intense nose.
Positives: Lots of flavour on both the nose & taste showing cedar, cassis, plums, cloves, blueberries, blackberries, vanilla, leather, pencil shavings & turmeric. Full body, medium tannins, good acidity & long length.
Negatives: A touch hot from the high alcohol.
Interesting Points: A quality consistent wine that is easy to drink on its own or to pair it with food & it taste more like a $50 wine. LCBO usually has this on sale a couple of times throughout the year. I love the black label with the silver detailing.
Drink now or cellar it for another 5 years. Pair it with beef Wellington.
Tasted: 23 May 12
Score: 9.5/10, Value: 9+/10, Total: 19/20
Out of 5 stars, I rated this wine: 4.5+
Visit my website www.twilightwines.com
Very dense ruby colour and the density doesn't stop there. Ripe with black plum, currant, cocoa and coffee. Notes of cigarbox and baking spice add some depth. Full-bodied and plenty of soft tannin. Great length and a touch of heat.
Similar Cabernet Sauvignon
- Majella Coonawarra Cabernet Sauvignon 2012, South Australia
- Barossa Valley Estate Ebenezer Cabernet Sauvignon 2010, South Australia
- Kenwood Jack London Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon 2012, California
- John's Blend Individual Selection No. 35 Cabernet Sauvignon 2012, South Australia
- Kenwood Jack London Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon 2013, California