Critic Reviews (3)
Community Reviews (2)
A very enjoyable red icewine with flavours of strawberries and raspberries. So tasty, yet unfortunate that for the price, the tiny 200ml bottle only yields about two moderate sized glasses. Not really a great value at $20 a glass. Tasted May 2012.
At 15.5% alcohol, a lot of the sugar in this wine has been fermented into alcohol. But it is by no means lacking in sweet, juicy fruit at 140g/L. The nose hits you right away – strawberry-rhubarb pie…not just out of the oven but more after the fruit has cooled slightly and offers a bit more of those jammy notes. The acid is in total balance with the sugar in this beauty and is likely the finest, most appealing ice wine I’ve yet to encounter. $40, and there is some still in LCBO stores (as well as at the winery).
Visit my website www.UncorkOntario.com
- Jackson Triggs Proprietors' Grand Reserve Gewürztraminer Icewine 2007, Ontario
- Peller Estates Private Reserve Vidal Icewine 2010, Ontario
- Pillitteri Cabernet Sauvignon Icewine 2011, Ontario
- Henry Of Pelham Cabernet Icewine 2013, Ontario
- Jackson Triggs Niagara Estate Grand Reserve Gewürztraminer Icewine 2012, Ontario