Jim Barry The Lodge Hill Dry Riesling 2011, Clare Valley, South Australia
Barry's Lodge Hill riesling offers shy aromatics for the moment, though the palate picks up the flavour intensity....
This is a full throttle, dry riesling from South Australia's premier riesling region. The nose is a bit reserved but...
Critic Reviews (2)
Community Reviews (1)
Bone dry Aussie style from vineyard with higher altitude. Well made, balanced. A bit closed on the nose, this white will benefit from age or decanting. A slight reduction gives way to lemon, lime, grapefruit and white chalk. The palate is searing dry, crisp, square edged with citrus cuts. White grapefruit pit and chalk on the long finish. Pair with oysters, sashimi. Best from 2015-2020. Tasted Nov '13.
- Clemens Busch Marienburg Kabinett Riesling 2013, Mosel
- Bischöfliche Weingüter Trier Scharzhofberger Riesling Kabinett 2012, Mosel
- Maximin Grünhäuser Herrenberg Riesling Kabinett 2012, Mosel
- Reinhold Haart To Heart Piesport Riesling 2013, Mosel
- Vineland Estates Elevation St. Urban Vineyard Riesling 2014, Ontario