Santa Rita Cabernet Sauvignon Reserva 2009, Maipo Valley
Critic Reviews (1)
Community Reviews (1)
Medium ruby in colour with medium to medium+ intensity on the nose.
Positives: Classic Cab Sauv notes of cedar, blackberry, anise, cassis, cloves, pencil shavings, leather, turmeric, tamarin & some tobacco leaf on the finish. Well balanced wine, medium+ body & length, good acidity & medium tannins.
Interesting Things: Santa Rita is a well established winery that consistently produces good wines at all their price points. This one is the second level on their pricing scale of wines found in the LCBO. Best part is they usually have sales a couple times of year. This ones on sale for $11.95 until the beginning of January. Nice thing about this wine is its ready to drink now & it taste as if you’re drinking a bottle double its price.
Drink on its own or pair it with any beef dish.
Tasted: 20 Dec 11
Best Buy (amazing buy at the sale price).
Score: 9+/10, Value: 10/10, Total: 19+/20
Out of 5 stars, I rated this wine: 4.5
Visit my website www.twilightwines.com
Similar Cabernet Sauvignon
- Mojo Cabernet Sauvignon 2013, South Australia
- Louis M. Martini Sonoma County Cabernet Sauvignon 2014, California
- Caliterra Tributo Cabernet Sauvignon 2008, Chile
- William Fèvre Chile Espino Gran Cuvée Cabernet Sauvignon 2012, Maipo Valley
- Zonte's Footstep Avalon Tree Cabernet Sauvignon 2013, South Australia