Domaine De L'hortus, Pic Saint Loup, Grande Cuvée Rouge 2008
Community Reviews (1)
Very nice, intense GSM (Syrah 60%, Mourvèdre 35%, grenache 5%) with a very long finish. Tried it while I was in France and I hope the LCBO starts offering wines from this up-and-coming winery. Pic Saint Loup is a little bit of a new frontier in French winemaking and still is only a terroir (sub-appelation of Coteaux du Languedoc) for now, but may soon deserve its own appellation (which will unfortunately mean higher prices for us); Tried in December 2011.
- Barossa Valley Estate Grenache/Shiraz/Mourvèdre 2012, South Australia
- Sister's Run Cow's Corner Grenache/Shiraz/Mataro 2014, South Australia
- Château D'anglès La Clape Classique Syrah/Grenache/Mourvèdre 2012, Languedoc Roussillon (Midi)
- Gerard Bertrand Grand Terroir Les Aspres Syrah/Mourvèdre/Grenache 2013, Languedoc Roussillon (Midi)
- Claymore You'll Never Walk Alone Grenache Shiraz Mataro 2013, South Australia