Critic Reviews (3)
Community Reviews (2)
Sometimes I get in a rut and reach for the same old same old wine. Bear Flag Smooth Red Blend from California is an intriguing blend of Tempranillo, Touriga, Zinfandel and Alicante Bouchet.
Juicy black fruit notes with a bit of sweetness on the attack. Very smooth, velvety mouthfeel. An interesting blend that makes a good sipper. Perfect for a change of pace! (tasted Feb. 2012)
Visit my website www.essexwinereview.com
What have we here? Black cherry, licorice, spice, black pepper and mocha notes get some help from a smoky sausage component on the nose of this Syrah/Petite Sirah/Tempranillo/Petit Verdot blend. The red fruit comes through in spades on the medium-plus bodied palate, with black cherry and raspberry doing the heavy lifting and a modest tarry, white pepper note providing structure.
- Château Des Charmes St. David's Bench Vineyard Gamay Noir Droit 2015, Ontario
- George Wyndham Founder's Reserve Shiraz 2010, South Australia
- Santa Carolina Cabernet Sauvignon Reserva 2014, Colchagua Valley
- Château Des Charmes Gamay Noir 2014, Ontario
- Torres Cordillera Carignan Vigno 2010, Maule Valley