Kurt Darting Ungsteiner Herrenberg Riesling Spätlese 2008 - Expert wine ratings and wine reviews by WineAlign
A gorgeous, well-priced and still youthful Spatlese here. A touch of earth and white truffle add to the complex...
A very fine, perfumed, medium-dry spatlese here from the reliable house of Darting, with classic ripe stone fruit...
I am a fan of Darting, but this offering is not quite up to par. There is excess wet paper sulphur that is not...
Critic Reviews (3)
Community Reviews (2)
More sweet and stylish than I prefer from a Spatlese level wine; perhaps even slightly overdone, but still quite enjoyable. Ripe apricot and a sight honeyed texture combine with just enough acidity to hold it together.
Visit my website www.tylerphilp.com/
I'm a fan of this producer. A very aromatic Riesling so it should tickle your nose hairs. There's some residual sugar so it's not completely dry with hints of grapefruit and passionfruit. Made from riper grapes, it still retains good acidity. Spatlese means "late picking" so grapes picked after normal harvest.
Visit my website www.theyummygrape.com
- Max Ferd. Richter Wehlener Sonnenuhr Riesling Kabinett 2013, Mosel
- Bischöfliche Weingüter Trier Scharzhofberger Riesling Kabinett 2012, Mosel
- Reinhold Haart To Heart Piesport Riesling 2013, Mosel
- Markus Molitor Haus Klosterberg Riesling 2013, Mosel
- Studert Prüm Graacher Himmelreich Spätlese Riesling 2009, Mosel