Critic Reviews (1)
Community Reviews (2)
Dark wine. This had quite a floral nose (if perhaps somewhat synthetic. Dryer sheets came to mind) with dark fruit, and a nice earthiness.
Full bodied. A plush, fat wine. No wonder these grapes were sometimes mistaken for merlot. Lots of fruit flavour, some herbs, warm spice, and touch of smokiness. Decent tannic backbone. A balanced, easy to drink wine without being overly sweet.
No reason to cellar this, it's ready to drink.
I'd buy this again.
Outstanding with slow cooked BBQ pork.
Visit my website torontowineguy.blogspot.com/
- Santa Rita Medalla Real Carmenere Gran Reserva 2013, Colchagua Valley
- Concha Y Toro Winemaker's Lot 148 Carmenère 2007, Chile
- Emiliana Novas Carménère / Cabernet Sauvignon 2013, Colchagua Valley
- Viña Tarapacá Gran Reserva Carmenère 2013, Maipo Valley
- Miguel Torres Cordillera De Los Andes Special Reserva Carmenère 2009, Curicó Valley