Community Reviews (2)
I guess that's what you call full body. Is that juniper at the beginning? Pretty simple and strong wine, but definitely enjoyable.
The 2008 Zenato Valpolicella Ripassa Superiore is a full bodied wine, with nice aromas of fruity to INTEGRATED blackberry, chocolate, oak, faint green pepper and liquorice. Tannins are refined to tannic (decant from 15 to 60 min and watch it open up) and the finish is long. With cork >5 cm, this wine is meant for cellaring; ready to drink now though best from 2014-2018. My impression: BEAUTIFUL, 90 pts - while a bit pricey at $24.95, it is a nice Ripassa example and quite comparable to more expensive Amarone. A recommended buy. Tasted Oct/11.
If you would like to see wines I recommend and that are still available at the LCBO, please visit this link (listed in my profile):
Visit my website www.grapeselections.com
- Tenuta Sant'antonio Monti Garbi 2014, Veneto
- Serego Alighieri 650 Anniversario Valpolicella Classico Superiore 2005, Veneto
- Monte Del Frá Lena Di Mezzo Valpolicella Ripasso Classico Superiore 2013, Veneto
- Bolla Valpolicella Classico 2015, Veneto
- Monte Del Frá Lena Di Mezzo Valpolicella Classico 2014, Veneto