Community Reviews (1)
From near the coast in Tuscany is this Sangiovese-dominated red (with a bit of Merlot). A bit tight/astringent when first uncorked, this wine opened up quickly, exhibiting aromas of bright red fruits and flowers. On the palate, notes of dusty red/sour cherries with just a tocuh of spice. Ripe, but not to the point of sacrificing the endearing Sangiovese acidity. A delicious and authentic Tuscan red. The finish perhaps tailes off just a wee bit, perhaps belying the rains that fell in September, but really fine overall. Drink now or hold with confidence for another 5 yrs. Tasted Sep 2011.
- Rocca Delle Macìe Riserva Di Fizzano Single Vineyard Gran Selezione Chianti Classico 2012, Tuscany
- Poggio A Frati Rocca Di Castagnoli 2011, Tuscany
- Vicchiomaggio Agostino Petri Riserva Chianti Classico 2012, Tuscany
- Terre Di Talamo Tempo Morellino De Scansano 2012, Tuscany
- Viticcio Chianti Classico 2012, Tuscany