Mission Hill Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon 2009 - Expert wine ratings and wine reviews by WineAlign
This is a structured cabernet that needs time to show its full potential. The nose is tight with red berry fruit plus...
Made from 100% cabernet sauvignon aged 16 months in French and American oak, this is a dark, gritty cabernet to stick...
The 2009 Mission Hill cabernet offers a slightly sweet, confected, jammy nose of both red and blackberry fruit, like...
Critic Reviews (3)
Community Reviews (3)
A powerful but well made wine in every respect. Tightly wound at the moment with bitter dark chocolate; cranberry red fruit and currants plus a pronounced graphite mineral edge and chalky finish. Tons of potential here and it does open up in the glass, but this bottle needs time. Decant 2-3 hours before serving or cellar until 2013+. Tasted May 2012
Visit my website www.tylerphilp.com/
I liked this wine a lot, even without decanting. Intense blackberry and wood on the nose, mid-to-full feel in the mouth, and a nice, smoky, lingering finish.
This wine does enjoy some time in the decanter however. Opens up a lot, revealing more fruit, more chocolate, and less wood and booze. A solid Okanagan Valley Cab.
Similar Cabernet Sauvignon
- Santa Carolina Reserva De Familia Cabernet Sauvignon 2013, Maipo Valley
- Ringbolt Cabernet Sauvignon 2013, Western Australia
- Wynns Coonawarra Estate Black Label Cabernet Sauvignon 2012, South Australia
- Santa Carolina Cabernet Sauvignon Reserva 2014, Colchagua Valley
- Firestone Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon 2012, California