Critic Reviews (2)
Community Reviews (5)
An interesting blend of shiraz, grenache and mourvedre. I detected aromas of berries and cotton candy. Despite the high alcohol content, this wine drinks smoothly.
Medium+ ruby to garnet with a purple tinge and a medium+ intensity on the nose.
Positives: Cedar, dried blueberry & raspberry, slate, peppers (red, black & white), plums, leather & moss. Medium to full body with medium to medium minus tannins, good acidity, medium+ length & the alcohol is well integrated.
Negatives: The 14.5% alcohol. Tastes more like a wine $10 cheaper.
Interesting Point: Check out my comparison to Turkey Flat Butcher's Block SGM.
Drink now on its own or pair it with BBQ baby back ribs.
Tasted: 27 Jan 12
Score: 9/10, Value: 8/10, Total: 17/20
Out of 5 stars, I rated this wine: 3.5
Visit my website www.twilightwines.com
- Barossa Valley Estate Grenache/Shiraz/Mourvèdre 2012, South Australia
- Sister's Run Cow's Corner Grenache/Shiraz/Mataro 2014, South Australia
- Château D'anglès La Clape Classique Syrah/Grenache/Mourvèdre 2012, Languedoc Roussillon (Midi)
- Claymore You'll Never Walk Alone Grenache Shiraz Mataro 2013, South Australia
- Torbreck Old Vines Grenache/Shiraz/Mourvèdre 2013, South Australia