Critic Reviews (2)
Community Reviews (1)
This smelled hot. A glance at the label confirmed it: 15.1%! Pass the Advil. But for all the alcohol it also has a big nose of berries, vanilla/oak and fresh herbs. Full bodied, big and sweet with good tannins to balance. Long finish. It's a crowd pleaser for sure, but in the big wine arms race I fear that subtlety, nuance and character is going the way of the USSR.
Hard to tell how this will develop in the cellar. Too hot young = too hot old.
Big, hot, overpriced.
My $50 would be better spent on another bottle of Purple Angel or a good entry level Brunello or Bordeaux.
Visit my website torontowineguy.blogspot.com/
Similar Cabernet Sauvignon
- Catena Alta Cabernet Sauvignon 2005, Mendoza
- Majella Coonawarra Cabernet Sauvignon 2012, South Australia
- Rodney Strong Knights Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 2013, California
- Barossa Valley Estate Ebenezer Cabernet Sauvignon 2010, South Australia
- John's Blend Individual Selection No. 35 Cabernet Sauvignon 2012, South Australia