Joseph Phelps Sauvignon Blanc 2009, St. Helena, Napa Valley
Community Reviews (1)
Bright gold in colour with a medium to medium+ intense nose.
One of the best Sauvignon Blancs I have ever tried.
Positives: This complex wine features mild oak, lemon-lime, kumquat, peach, gherkins, honeydew, white flowers, Asian pear and clarified butter on the finish. Full body with good acidity and a long length.
Interesting Point: Not your typical Sauvignon Blanc, which for me is a good thing.
Drink now or over the next 3 years on its own or pair it with cherry/grape tomatoes with basil and Bufala mozzarella on a bed of arugula.
Tasted: 15 Nov 2013
Score: 9.5+/10, Value: 9/10 Total: 19/20
Out of 5 stars, I rated this wine: 4.5+
Visit my website www.twilightwines.com
Similar Sauvignon Blanc
- Domaine Chatelain Les Vignes De Saint Laurent L'abbaye Pouilly Fumé 2015, Loire
- Craggy Range Te Muna Road Single Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc 2015, Martinborough
- Roger & Didier Raimbault Sancerre 2014, Loire
- Frog's Leap Sauvignon Blanc 2015, California
- Brancott Estate Letter Series B Sauvignon Blanc 2015, Marlborough