Critic Reviews (1)
Community Reviews (3)
Nose shows blueberry notes now, also, spice.
Taste: full body, ripe, raisined fruits, cherry, blueberry, black pepper, earthy soil, cinnamon. Some leather too. Tannins are a bit grippy. Nice layer of sweetness on the finish.
Didn't notice the heat that I did when I first opened the bottle. (it's 15% alc/vol.)
Excellent balance and will only improve with time in the cellar. Lay this one down until at least 2015 before opening.
(tasted October 2011)
Visit my website www.essexwinereview.com
Here is a full bodied Italian style of wine that is the product of partially dried grapes - a process known as appassimento. Masi's Costasera is consistently good year after year and the '07 vintage is no exception. The nose is rather closed at this point (Oct 2011) but with an hour in the decanter, aromas of stewed fruit, chocolate, and a subtle earth/fungal notes come to life. To taste is much the same with more prunes, figs, cherry and cinnamon spice. Though the wine is quite dry, there is also a perceived sweetness; very lush and best served alongside an equally rich meal. Decant before serving or cellar and serve after 2014
Visit my website www.tylerphilp.com/
- Villa Annaberta Amarone Della Valpolicella 2010, Veneto
- Feudi San Pio Nero Di Lupo Amarone Della Valpolicella 2010, Veneto
- Antolini Ca' Coato Amarone Della Valpolicella Classico 2008, Veneto
- Remo Farina Le Pezze Amarone Della Valpolicella Classico 2010, Veneto
- Recchia Musùa Di Jago Amarone Della Valpolicella Classico 2010, Veneto