Critic Reviews (3)
Community Reviews (9)
A fantastic earthy nose misleads you, for the palate shows great red fruit and the perfect amount of acidity. Lots of extraction during the winemaking process has created a deep, dark, and full flavoured Syrah. Enjoy it with ribs on the bbq. (northof9finewine.com, June 2011)
Visit my website www.tylerphilp.com/
After all these great reviews, I was rather disappointed. It is not much better than an average Australian shiraz. Some notes just do not work for me.
The 2007 Falernia Reserva Syrah is full bodied, fruity wine with nice aromas of black cherry, prune, smoke and combination of cedar/green pepper. The wine is unbalanced with notable acidity and refined to tannic tannins (decant for 1 hour). The finish is silky, medium to long and a bit alcoholic. This wine will greatly benefit from aging as it is somewhat disconnected, drink 2014 onward. My impression: NICE, 89 pts. Tasted June/11.
If you would like to see wines I recommend and that are still available at the LCBO, please visit this link (listed in my profile):
Visit my website www.grapeselections.com
- Domaine Les Yeuses Les Épices Syrah 2012, Languedoc Roussillon (Midi)
- Tamaya Gran Reserva Syrah 2011, Limari Valley
- François Villard L'appel Des Sereines Syrah 2010, Rhone
- Château Los Boldos Vieilles Vignes Syrah 2011, Rapel Valley
- Viña Casablanca Nimbus Single Vineyard Syrah 2011, Casablanca Valley